Thursday, November 18, 2010

hunting

It is time again for another season of hunting. My feelings about hunting are mixed. Obviously if there was not a hunting season, we would have a large overpopulation of animals, and what would we eat for thanksgiving? Especially in Wisconsin we have many car accidents involving deer every year, but this number would increase so much if hunting was not allowed. Hunting also worries me. I personally think giving a twelve year old a gun is very dangerous. I have a lot of friends and family that hunt, and I worry that they will run into someone who is not responsible out in the woods and have an accident. There are many hunting accidents every year, some involve a small cut while cleaning the animal. But there have been deaths because of carelessness and horseplay. Most people have heard the story about the young man that were accidentally shot a few years ago by another hunter. An estimated thousand people are shot accidentally every year during hunting season in the United States. Most of these are not fatal, but there are a few deaths recorded every year. I feel that hunting is a great thing and we need it, but it should be controlled. It can be dangerous, I hope that this year every person who decides to hunt thinks very clearly and makes good choices to keep everyone safe including the hunters around them and themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Deer hunting is a money maker. People spend billions and billions a year on deer hunting supplies. A low end deer rifle goes for $300. a high end rifle is $2000. Theres money to be made, and its good for the economy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from a family that hunts, I love this time of year. I do agree that some people do not use their brains when they are hunting. But it is that way with everything. I also agree that it is good for the economy. Alot of money is spent in equipment, tags, lodging and so on. I also think that we need to keep the population down.

    ReplyDelete