Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mississippi River deaths

River deaths have been very common in our area and along the Mississppi river in the past. We have lost many young health people because of these deaths. By the time all of these stories are exposed, they all lead back to to much alcohol consumption. The police have been studying these cases more and more because the numbers are becoming alarmingly high. Many people believe that there is a serial killer in the area and is targeting young males. People believe that this killer is luring drunk or partially drunk men and throwing them into the river. Evidence to make this story more believable is the old smiley faces that have appeared at almost all of the sights believed to be where the person had entered the river. I sometimes wonder if this story is an atempt for the people of our area to cover up the true drinking problems in our town. It is almost impossible to go downtown la Crosse without seeing numerous amounts of sloppy drunk people. I also have trouble believing that these large numbers of deaths are happening naturally. This story interests me because I don’t know what I believe. Some day this mystery will be uncovered, but until then people need to use their heads while out at night and drinking.

1 comment:

  1. I have thought about this issue many times. I am one of those people that believe that there is a serial killer out there. I also believe that the killer has something to do with the police department. I think that he is preying on young men who are very drunk. It is also too much coincidence that they are all men and young. yes, LaCrosse has a drinking problem, but so do a lot of other college towns, and they do not have the deaths that we do.

    ReplyDelete